Friday, March 20, 2009

There's a tiny house by a tiny stream where a lovely lass had a lovely dream.



Oh oh oh oh oh!!!!!!!!!!

If you know anything at all about me you know that I love TINY THINGS!!! Seriously, anything in miniature. Dresses, food, toys, instruments, animals, people. Small, smaller, smallest!!! So imagine my complete and utter joy when I came across Tiny Texas Houses. Seriously, look at the gallery. LOOK AT THESE HOUSES!!!! The brainchild of Austinite Brad Kittel, these things are amazing! The website is pretty informative and gives you a lot of reasons, outside of an overarching love of tininess, why owning one of these homes is a great idea. These houses are the perfect answer to the insanity of sprawl. They are made almost entirely from salvaged material, they are simple, they are personal, and they are ridiculously beautiful. And they are TINY!!!! I feel like all I'm capable of doing right now is daydreaming about my tiny house. I've always loved looking through architecture books that feature small houses. And the little displays they have in IKEA stores that are all "living well in under 300 sq. ft." and suchlike. But these houses, these Tiny Texas Houses aren't some concrete and brushed steel love letter to the future. These are gorgeous, soulful little pieces of heaven. I want one, I need one, I WILL have one and you're all invited for dinner. One at a time.

Damn, this is so exciting!!

3 comments: